Live chat- online now

We are here to assist you. Chat with us now.

Chat Banner

Can We Help You?


contact us today

516-561-6645 718-350-2802 631-319-8262

free consultation

Women Given Equal Rights to Become the Queen of England

crownpic1-150x150Female children in England now have an equal chance to become the Head of State. If newlyweds Prince William and Kate Middleton have a daughter, she can now become Queen. This is true even if she has younger brothers. The countries in the English Commonwealth have recently agreed to change the century-old rules concerning who can become the Head of State in England. In the past, ascension to the throne always took sons over daughters. But now if William and Kate, Dutchess of Cambridge, have a daughter she would be beat out her younger brothers to becoming the Head of State. She would become Queen! Before these changes can become fully effective they must be approved by the legislators of all sixteen nations in the English Commonwealth where Queen Elizabeth is considered the Head of State.

There has been speculation that Kate Middleton will be starting a family soon. This rule change has been discussed for the purpose of dealing with Kate’s children, especially if the oldest child is a daughter.

Hugo Vicors, an expert on the Royal Family, recently stated “you shouldn’t muck around too much with the Constitution, but it is a good idea to change this at this time. It’s much better to have it sorted out before any babies come along.” Although the new rule applies to future heirs to the throne, it does not impact on the current lines of succession. The current prime minister, David Cameron is a big proponent of these changes. He feels it’s important to give women equality regarding this issue.

Women’s Rights and Men’s Rights

Both men and women have equal rights involving divorces and family court issues. They are both entitled to protect their rights with regard to issues of child custody, orders of protection, visitation (parenting time), child support, spousal maintenance (alimony), child abuse, child neglect proceedings, and issues involving divorce and separation agreements. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo have more than 100 years of combined legal experience in dealing with these issues. Should you have a matrimonial or family law issue, call us we can help you.

Juvenile Probation Assessment Tool Discriminates Against Boys


Judge Hunt, sitting in the Family Court of Queens County in November of 2010, rendered a decision in a case that criticized the Probation Assessment Tool. Judge Hunt stated that the Probation Assessment Tool, which was implemented in the year 2003, provided “unwarranted harsher treatment” for many males and “unwise and unjustified lenient treatment for many females.”

Judge Hunt’s decision stated that “by creating a system of gender discrimination against males, [the] program also creates the very real possibility that female delinquents will receive less services or less supervision then they should, which itself creates an unnecessary risk of recidivism as well as an unnecessary risk to the safety of the community.”

Inability of Family Court to Change This Flawed System of Probation

Although Judge Hunt criticized the probation system, he further stated in his decision that he was without authority to change the system. He encouraged the state legislature to look into these problems and address necessary changes to the probation system in the State of New York.

Department of Probation

The New York Family Court Act of 1962 created the Department of Probation. The Department of Probation is authorized to conduct investigations and provide written reports in all delinquency proceedings, unless the procedure is waived by both parties to the proceeding. The Probation Department uses a tool called the Probation Assessment Tool (PAT). This program was developed by a non-profit organization called the Vera Institute of Justice. The PAT Tool covers seven categories. The categories are demographics; current events; legal history; family and home; school; community and peers; and drugs and alcohol/mental health. There are thirty-four questions within the confines of this program. Based on these questions, a score is calculated.

If a juvenile receives a low score, the outcome may result in incarceration or an intensive community program. If a juvenile obtains a high score, he or she usually receives a conditional discharge or an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, which is very lenient treatment. Judge Hunt’s decision indicated that the PAT program awards fourteen points simply for an individual answering a question indicating that they are a female. He therefore concluded that girls start off with a discriminatory benefit. Judge Hunt concluded in his decision that, due to the scoring disparities, the recommendations of PAT “would have been absurd and in some cases reckless.” Judge Hunt strongly suggested the New York State Legislature take immediate action to address this discriminatory tool used by probation departments.

It should be noted that judges, not the Department of Probation, have the ultimate authority concerning the sentencing of juveniles. Probation reports are merely recommendations that the judge can either accept or ignore.

Boys’ Rights, Mens’ Rights and Fathers’ Rights

Our office has been representing boys, men and fathers in the Family Court for three decades. We represent them concerning issues involving orders of protection, paternity, child custody, visitation, child support, spousal maintenance (alimony), child abuse, child neglect proceedings, CPS and ACS problems and also criminal allegations involving domestic violence.

We also represent fathers in divorce proceedings. Within the divorce proceedings, we litigate high net worth issues, equitable distribution of assets, parental relocation problems, parental alienation and parental alienation syndrome issues. In amicable situations, we negotiate separation agreements and we provide arbitration and mediation representation. Call us for a free consultation at 516-561-6645, 718-350-2802 or 1-800-344-6431.

  • banner-changes
  • image5
  • image6
  • image7