Experienced Criminal Defense Attorneys in New York City and Long Island
Aggressive Criminal Representation in Queens, Suffolk County and Nassau County
Whether you’ve been arrested and charged with a crime, or are merely under investigation, it’s essential that you immediately retain strong, experienced legal counsel. The criminal justice system can seem like another world, with a language all its own and rules that seem to favor the prosecutors. Without effective representation, you can easily say or do things that will come back to haunt you.
At the law offices of Schlissel DeCorpo, with offices in Queens, Nassau County and Suffolk County, we have protected the rights of criminal defendants in New York for more than 45 years. We have a comprehensive understanding of the laws and procedures governing all types of criminal offenses, from misdemeanors to serious felonies. We have successfully defended clients across the five boroughs.
Our Representation in Criminal Matters
We handle all matters related to any criminal charges, from arrest and arraignment to trial. When you retain our offices, we’ll immediately launch a full investigation of your case, looking at how police gathered evidence against you. We’ll verify there was probable cause for any search, seizure or arrest, and you were properly notified of your rights if taken into custody. If there are irregularities, or if there is evidence that your constitutional rights were violated, we’ll seek to have evidence excluded or charges dropped, if appropriate. We’ll also interview all potential witnesses, so we can gather, evaluate and preserve all evidence to support your defense.
Our attorneys aggressively defend individuals charged with a wide range of criminal offenses, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while impaired (DWI)—We will protect your rights in the administrative proceeding to determine the status of your drivers license, as well as the criminal proceeding to establish guilt or innocence and assess penalties
- Traffic violations—We defend individuals on all DMV matters, including speeding, reckless driving, failure to use due caution, and operating a motor vehicle without a valid license or insurance
- Drug offenses—We take cases involving possession, sale and trafficking, manufacture and cultivation, and drug conspiracies, handling charges involving marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamines and other controlled substances.
- Violent crimes, including assault and battery, and domestic violence
- Theft crimes, such as grand and petty larceny, and shoplifting
We also represent minors in all types of juvenile proceedings, in both the criminal courts and family courts throughout the metropolitan New York City area.
Contact Schlissel DeCorpo for Effective Criminal Defense Counsel
At our offices, we understand that encounters with the criminal justice system don’t just happen between 9 am and 5 pm. We are available to take your call or respond to your e-mail 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To get immediate and results-oriented legal counsel, call 516-561-6645 (in Nassau County), 718-350-2802 (in Queens), 631-319-8262 (in Suffolk County), or toll-free at 1-800-344-6431.
The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo have offices in Lynbrook, Queens, and Suffolk County, and we represent criminal defendants throughout the New York metropolitan area, including Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County; and NYC’s five boroughs of The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.