Nassau County Wrongful Death Claim Lawyer
Long Island New York Wrongful Death Attorney
Serving clients in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens Counties
If a loved one dies because of the negligence of others, the family members who are left to deal with the sudden loss may have a wrongful death claim against those responsible. Contact The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo to discuss the merits of your claim in a free initial consultation.
A wrongful death lawsuit may arise from any type of accident:
- An auto collision caused by a negligent driver
- A truck accident stemming from poor maintenance or truck driver error
- A fall or machinery accident at a construction site
- A slip and fall on a wet or icy surface
- A bicyclist, pedestrian or motorcycle rider killed by a car
- A boating accident or drowning
Fatal Auto Accidents & Construction Deaths
The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo sends investigators to the site of the fatal accident to document the conditions through photographs and witness interviews. We may employ accident reconstructionists or other experts to discover what led to the accident.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Suit?
Surviving spouses, children who have lost a mother or father, and sometimes parents or siblings can file a wrongful death claim. The lawsuit typically seeks damages from the negligent party for:
- Loss of consortium of the loved one
- Loss of earning potential if the deceased supported the family
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Funeral expenses
In most cases, we must prove liability in order to prevail at trial or collect through an insurance settlement. In marine accident wrongful death claims, the federal Jones Act requires the defendant to prove they didn’t contribute to the fatality.
The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo works hard to obtain full compensation and hold the responsible person(s) accountable for their negligence. We employ experts, technological presentations and all resources at our disposal to achieve a full settlement or verdict on behalf of clients.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation at 1-800-344-6431
Contact a Nassau County Wrongful Death Lawyer with 35 years of experience and a dedication to results. We offer a free consultation and operate on a contingency fee no attorneys’ fees unless we are successful in winning compensation.
Based in Lynbrook, New York, The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo represents clients throughout Long Island and New York City, including Nassau County, Suffolk County and Queens, as well as Westchester County, Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Staten Island
View Our Focused Websites –
- New York Fathers Rights Attorneys
- Wills and Trust in New York Lawyers
- New York Foreclosure Defense Attorneys
- The Elliot Schlissel New York Law Blog
*disbursements are payable at the end of the case.