Live chat- online now

We are here to assist you. Chat with us now.

Chat Banner

Can We Help You?


contact us today

516-561-6645 718-350-2802 631-319-8262

free consultation

Nassau County Personal Injury Lawyer

Respected, Dedicated and Experienced Attorney

Representing Long Island | Queens | Suffolk County NY

If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury because of someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation. You deserve money to pay for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other expenses caused by the accident. And you deserve it soon.

Founded in 1978, The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo can handle personal injury cases throughout New York City and Long Island. We have helped people with issues related to:

We are well versed in the details of New York Labor Law Sections 240 and 241, known as the “safe place to work” or the “scaffold” laws. These sections have been in place since the late 1800s and provide that if a worker is injured in the scope of a job as a result of falling from a height or as the result of being hit with something that falls from a height, the owner and the contractor are responsible.

To get the compensation you need to recover, you need a personal injury lawyer who is both sensitive to your injury and the stress you’re going through and also aggressive in working on your behalf. For more than 27 years, The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo have been a community law firm, treating every client with the respect and care they deserve, while working hard to get them what they need. (Learn more about personal injury law by visiting our Personal Injury Information Center).

After a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, we can refer you to physicians and medical professionals who will make sure you get the care you need. If you can’t come to one of our offices, our attorneys can see you at your home, at the hospital or anywhere else you like.You pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you.

Don’t wait any longer for the financial relief you need. Visit our contact page or call toll-free, day or night, at 1-800-344-6431 to discuss your case. Feel free to call toll-free, any time, day or night, at 1-800-344-6431 or contact us at 718-350-2802. You can also reach us in Nassau County at 516-561-6645. From offices in Lynbrook, Queens and Suffolk County, we can help anyone in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester County, Nassau County, Suffolk County, and throughout New York City and Long Island.

What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident


No matter how minor the accident, hit and run penalties are severe. Stop at the nearest point you can without obstructing traffic more than necessary. If you hit a parked car, try to find the owner. If you cannot, leave your name, address and an explanation at the scene and notify the police.

Render Aid

Give first aid to the extent you are qualified. Stop bleeding. Don’t move an injured person in any way that could add to his injuries.

Get Help

Call for an ambulance or fire engine if needed, or flag down a motorist and ask him to call or radio. Call the police except in very minor accidents.

Protect Against Further Damage

Use your car’s flashers, flares, warning triangles or other vehicle’s headlights to warn approaching motorists of the accident.

Gather and Record Information

Most states require you to exchange identification, vehicle and insurance information with others involved in the accident. Write everything down. Get the names, addresses and license plates of witnesses. Measure distances and skid marks. Diagram the accident and make notes on whether, lights, etc. Get the name and badge number of the police officer at the scene and find out how to get an accident report.

Be Careful What You Say

Try not to express an opinion about who was at fault. Even if you think you may be to blame, it may turn out the other driver was more at fault. Concentrate on the facts, not opinions or motives, when talking to the police.

See A Doctor

Injuries are not always immediately apparent. See a doctor unless you’re sure you don’t need to. Inform Your Insurance Company Failure to promptly notify your insurer could affect your coverage.

Report The Accident

Call the police. File an accident report with the police. If the police do not come to the scene of the accident at your earliest convenience, go to the nearest police station and file an accident report.

Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer

If you are injured through the fault of another, it is advisable for you to immediately contact an attorney. An attorney who handles personal injury matters can evaluate an injured person’s rights. New York State law requires all owners of motor vehicles to maintain car insurance. Injured individuals therefore theoretically always have a pool of funds to collect from for personal injuries and pain and suffering caused by an auto accident. In the event you are in an auto accident or are injured, the Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo will provide a free initial consultation without obligation of any kind. In the event the client decides to retain the services of our law office, our fee will generally be based on a percentage of the recovery payable at the conclusion of the case. In the event there is no recovery, there will generally be no legal fee incurred by the client. Out of pocket expenses incurred such as court costs, fees charged for medical reports and other disbursements are payable by the client at the conclusion of the case.

  • banner-changes
  • image5
  • image6
  • image7