New York Landlord Injury Attorneys
Landlords have a duty to provide a safe environment for their tenants. This applies to landlords of large apartment complexes, as well as landlords of two family residences. Sometimes, landlords or the individuals working for landlords do not perform their duties to maintain security and safe conditions on their premises. This can lead to injuries for the tenants. The Law Office of Elliot Schlissel represents individuals who have been injured as a result of landlord negligence and/or a landlord’s failure to provide adequate security.
Proving Landlord’s Negligence
If you have been injured it is necessary that you prove the landlord or his employees did something wrong. Negligence means doing something incorrectly or failure to do something you were supposed to do. To make a case for a landlord’s negligence it is necessary to prove the following:
- The landlord had a responsibility to maintain the property that caused the accident.
- The landlord failed in his duties to properly maintain the property or maintain security on the property.
- The landlord had the ability to fix the problem.
- An individual was seriously injured as a result of the landlord not fixing a problem.
- The failure of the landlord and/or his employees to maintain the property was the cause of the accident.
- The individual was injured and the injured required medical treatment.
Collecting for Your Injuries
If you were injured on a sidewalk, steps, in an apartment, in a building, in a hallway or in a location maintained by someone else, you may be able to collect from your injuries. The Law Offices of Elliot Schlissel for more than 35 years have been helping individuals who have been injured receive financial payments for their injuries. Call us now if you have been injured. Our phones are monitored 24/7. Calls are returned 7 days a week by our lawyers. Our phone numbers are 1-800-344-6431, 516-561-6645 or 718-350-2802. We look forward to being of assistance to you.